Rules and recommendations
We are firmly committed to maintaining Szarvas as a safe, secure and wholesome environment for our campers and staff. With the registration/application to Szarvas Camp all parents, staff and campers accept an explicit code of conduct and all of the rules and regulations of the Camp.
Unacceptable Behaviour and Dismissal from Camp
The following behaviours are strictly forbidden and violation of either of them will result in immediate dismissal from Camp:
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Possession or consumption of drugs.
The following behaviours are also taken extremely seriously and violations of any of these may result in immediate dismissal from Camp, or in other serious consequences:
- Smoking: the camp is non-smoking and smoking at any time throughout the whole of camp, including the trips, is strictly forbidden.
- Leaving the campsite without permission.
- Behaving in a way that seriously disturbs the community and/or jeopardizes the safety of others or themselves.
IN THE CASE OF DISMISSAL FROM CAMP, ALL TRAVEL COSTS MUST BE COVERED BY THE FAMILY OF THE PARTICIPANT OR THE COMMUNITY.
In those cases where the parents cannot collect the child in person to take them home, then they need to appoint another adult/s to be responsible for the child in these circumstances.
- Szarvas Camp does not take any responsibility for participants' personal belongings during their stay unless they have signed them in to the camp safe, which we encourage them to do.
- Campers will be financially responsible for any wilful damage of property that they cause through their behaviour
- The services of the camp can only be used by the campers.
- According to the regulations of the medical officer, bringing animals into the camp is forbidden.
- As the Camp’s kitchen and dining hall is kosher, bringing non-kosher food into these facilities is forbidden. Taking food from the dining hall is only possible in plastic dishes.
Permission for a visit on any of the days of camp can only be given by the Camp Director. Visitors who have received such approval may be within the campsite only with an official visitor’s card, which they will receive from security when they sign in upon their arrival.
Health, Safety and Insurance
- We have general and accident insurance for all campers and staff for the whole period of the camp. This covers any accident or damage that occurs inside the campsite, as well as at all events outside camp that are supervised by the camp leadership. Szarvas takes no responsibility for anything that is not in the above framework.
- The camp operates in accordance with the rulings of the (Hungarian) ÁNTSZ (Állami Népegészségügyi és Tisztiorvosi Szolgálat – National Public Health Service) and the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points).
- In order that everyone can arrive to, and leave, the camp in good health, we require all campers to visit their GP about a week before the start of the session, and to ask for a medical certificate that proves that the camper is healthy and can go to public places. Every camper should bring along his/her insurance card or its copy and give it to their group or unit leaders on their arrival.
- We try to live an environmentally conscious lifestyle in the camp and we try to educate the campers in this as well. For example, materials used on our programs are stored and reused in an environmentally friendly way.
- Campers are advised not to bring mobile phones or any other valuables (e.g. electronic gaming devices), because we cannot take responsibility for these! There is a safe available in the camp where the campers can put their valuables with their madrich’s help.