We are hiring: OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Job Title: Operations Assistant, Szarvas Camp
Responsible to: Szarvas Operations Director
- September – May, based in JDC offices, 12 Sip str, Budapest
- June – August, based primarily at Szarvas Camp site during the season
To assist the Szarvas Operations Director in all of the operational tasks of the highly acclaimed Szarvas Jewish camp, for participants from across the globe. Szarvas camp hosts some 3,500 people each summer, mainly on its youth camps. The Operations Assistant will assist in ensuring that the camp’s operations and logistics are organized and implemented as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- To represent the Operations Director in the field, during the time of the camp (June-August).
- To be available as needed, to attend the key Szarvas Camp related events from September-June.
- To assist, as required, with the following areas of the Szarvas operations:
- Negotiations of agreements and contracts with suppliers and vendors.
- Uploading to the accounting system supporting documentation for projects and purchases,
- Upkeep, repair and maintenance of all Szarvas equipment, whether on-site or in the office.
- The planned Szarvas campsite renovation project.
- Compliance with health and safety policies and aspects of the camp.
- Operation of the Szarvas merchandise shop and the camp's petty cash operations
- Organization, logistics and event planning aspects of the Szarvas work.
- To attend all Szarvas team meetings as well as the monthly JDC team meetings, retreats and other team events..
- To be available to travel overseas occasionally and to be available for occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Other tasks as required by the Szarvas Operations Director and/or the JDC Hungary Director.
- At least a High school diploma or higher degree
- High level Hungarian and English
- Good communication skills (both verbally and in writing), in both Hungarian and English
- IT skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Well organized and good time management
- Ability to work both in a team and to work effectively alone
- Experience in organizational work
- B.A. (in a relevant area preferred)
- Experience of working in a not for profit environment
- Experience of similar work settings
- Driving license
APPLICATION DUE: 25th JANUARY, 2019